Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Writings by Megan Belcher

Someone recently asked me if I ever write junk. and even though I'm a terrible speller I have written a few gems in my day. I would first like to highlight a poem I wrote in high school, which was later used as song lyrics, (just by some awesome high school garage band. nbd. dgp.)

Punk psychic is what I seek
Somebody to be a body in a mosh pit with me


beautiful, I know. if it was only written in papyrus, image how classy it would come across. curse you blogspot and your lack of font choices! people's voices need to be heard in more than just Times or Arial. give us helvetica or give us death.


My final poem is more of a saying, a very wise saying, it's right up there with Nancy Reagan's "just say no" slogan

Pass on Grass
but not on reading the Bible



all poems and sayings fall under strict copyright laws. don't plagiarize or I'll tell mom that you're lesbian now!




2 comments:

Lizzy said...

I totally remember the song lyrics.

You also wrote some killer BofM verses. I think I've got some of them stuffed in a journal somewhere...

Unknown said...

i'm assuming the 'dgp' means don't get pregnant. and if it doesn't, it should.