Monday, August 23, 2010

deadly combintation

While I was in line at the grocery store tonight, I looked down at the two items I was holding and suddenly felt embarrassed- nay, profiled, categorized (not racial but still with just as much stereotyping). I became hyper-aware of my surroundings, I glanced back and forth from follow customers in the self check out line hoping no one pay any mind to me. I tried to act causal. Alas, my wish went ungranted. The guy next to me looked over and I could read his judgmental thoughts so clearly, "26-35, not married, living alone, suffering from seasonal depression." The combination of these 2 items had such power as to throw me in a social status undesired by the majority of women in the US .

As I put the ice cream and cat food in a plastic bag I just kept thinking, "I'm that girl."

1 comment:

lynsey said...

I am dying that is funny true stuff!!! haha