Monday, May 30, 2011

Dream I had

I had this crazy dream where I lived in a small hip hair salon. My living situation consisted of a bed off in a side room where product would normally be displayed. In this dream I was content with my living situation- it was very cheap for New York rent (yes, it was in a mall in New York) and I got great hair advice. As long as I wasn't home during business hours I had no problems with the stylists. One morning, as I was about my daily routine of brushing my teeth and washing my face, Nancy tells me I can no longer use the salon restrooms or shower. I was okay with having no place to shower but, I was pissed I had no place to wash my face (got my priorities straight). I went back to my make shift room frustrated, I found an additional bed in my room and three Asian girls- Irene Kim, Grace Kim and Sue Kim (I was going to use the names of famous Asian women, but it turns out there aren't any besides Kim Jong il). "Oh are you my new roommates? How much are you paying for rent" I ask one of the girls. It turns out just one of them was my roommate and she was paying nothing for rent. I felt a little ripped off. Yes, my rent was only $350 dollars and the location was ideal, right next door to a hot dog on a stick, but why was new roommate paying nothing? Her answer- "tie to the runner". In my dream this answer made perfect sense, and maybe in reality it does too.

I woke up feeling overly grateful that I had a bed room all to myself with no Asians any where around. I was also grateful Paula let me use the water for my daily hygiene needs.

1 comment:

j said...

Kristi Yamaguchi
Connie Chung
Lucy Liu
Michelle Kwan