Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sweet bro

Yesterday I was caught completely off guard. There i was at institute talking to my friend Mike (who is very nice and polite) and some new guy was standing right next to him. I should have saw it- over tanned, bronzed body, Duke shirt with matching Duke baller shorts, over gelled blond hair it all adds up to sweet bro; but I haven't come in connect with a sweet bro in Seattle ever (one good thing about Seattle no sweet bros). Anywho, he was quickly outed through our conversation.

Mike: "oh maybe Megan knows"

Me: "knows what?"

Sweet bro: "I'm gunna take Cathy on a date" (said in a very full of himself, sexist way, as he flexes)

Me: "Who?" (here's where I began to realize this dude is a sweet bro)

Mike: "that girl that was sitting behind you."

Me: "oh Catherine, Yeah she has a boyfriend. "

Sweet bro: "That doesn't matter." (yup... totally sweet bro)

Mike "oh who is she dating?" (Mike says with honest interest)

Me: "Hans, Hans Johnson. You know- tall, really good looking-"

Sweet bro: "I'll take care of that" (he says as he punches his first into his hand) (my thoughts at this point: really? I mean really?)

Mike: "I don't know him"

Me: "you know, best friends with Imri- Hans. Has great fashion... here I have a picture."

I show Mike the picture on my cell phone and of course the sweet bro has to stick his head in there.

Mike: "oh yeah, Hans. how long have they been dating?"

Sweet bro: "no competition. I'll take care of that guy."

At that point i just walk away with a complete look of disgust on my face. I quickly texted Hans after to tell him how bad I hated that guy. As I walked out to my car the sweet bro was getting into his vehicle. and what does he drive? A supped up huge pickup truck, of course.

I hated him so much.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

I am laughing so hard at that. Mostly at the definition of sweet bro. I'm going to be saying that all night now...

Mark Johnson said...

You're hilarious, Megan. If only you were as good at Scrabble as you are funny.

Cassie said...

Oh sick! Now I know why you hated bros so much last night.

Nothing is worse than a popped collar with an attitude.

Thank you Seattle for your sparsity of Sweet Bros!!

Senor Boyero said...

That guy sounded hot. Hot truck, hot muscles, hot fist punching, man if only I was a dumb, drunk club whore of a girl. Too bad I'm straight, male, and sober. I would have had so many abortions and one night stands. Why cruel universe must you bless me with not being attracted to booze and girls gone wild? Why?