Sunday, December 23, 2007

Newsweek has called him the most powerful actor on the planet


I guess it all started with my brother. I was heavily influenced by my old brother as a child. Everything he liked I would like. He liked Will Smith therefore so did I. He watched Fresh Prince of Bel Air therefore so did I. He listened to D.J. Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince therefore so did I.
-When I was in 4th grade I remember watching"Six degrees of separation" with my brother and I was confused.
-When I was 5th grade we watched "Bad Boys" and I was still a little confused but liked the movie.
-In 96, my brother was on his mission so I saw "Independence day" with my sister and I was blown away (and may or may not slept in my sister room that night).
-In 98 my brother was back from his mission and we watched "Men in Black" and listened to "that's the men in black" and "Gettin' Jiggy Wit it"



Years past, my brother got married and I was engulfed by punk rock so Will smith and his average movies were put on the back burner- Wild Wild west, Ali, Men in Black II, and bad boys II.
In 2004 nostalgic feelings were relit when my brother and I went and saw I Robot and I was remind of my admiration for Will Smith.
Finally in 2005 my love for Will was strong enough to stand alone without my brother. And luckily for me the hits just kept on coming- Hitch, The Pursuit of Happyness, and the latest I am Legend.
Bottom line: unlike other movie stars and famous people Will Smith has got it together. He is talented. He is decent person. And an all around good human. For what it's worth Will Smith you have my (and my brother's) respect.

No comments: